home meetglynnis books speakingtopics resources contact

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today as I went to post the winner to last week's contest, I realized it is my 200th post.  Since I think it would be impossible for me to list 200 things about myself - and who would want to read that, really - I'm going to list 20.

Before that, I want to congratulate "kimdet" for winning my book:  "work@home" and a really cute key holder.  Kim, please email me privately at editor@proverbs31.org with your mailing address.

Without further ado, here are a few things you might not know about me.

1.    I've been married 27 years to my best friend.  (I got married around 12-yr-old - hee, hee)
2.    We have five teenagers living at home.
3.    Our two daughters were born in Liberia, Africa.
4.    Our oldest son is in college and just got engaged.
5.    Our middle son is a wrestling machine and senior in high school.
6.    Our youngest son is at Young Life camp and will be a sophomore.
7.    I drink Starbucks every day.
8.    I drink Diet Coke every day.
9.    I'm probably going to regret that in years to come.
10.  I sing backup vocals on my church's worship team.
11.  I might be the oldest backup singer on the team.
12.  I've hiked the Grand Canyon, with a full-pack.
13.  I read historical novels when I exercise.
14.  I'm a professional writer but never kept a diary or journal.
15.  I worked in public relations before working for Proverbs 31.
16.  I love to play board games with my family.
17.  I love National Parks, especially Zion in southern Utah.
18.  I didn't expect for Prague, Czech Republic to be the most beautiful city I'd ever seen.
19.  I'd rather be home than anywhere else.
20.  I'll spend my last breath proclaiming my love for Jesus.

There's a snapshot of my life.  It's kind of crazy, kind of challenging, always interesting.  And I love it. 

And I love sharing it with you.

In His love,
Glynnis

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Glynnis, I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks at She Speaks, but just wanted to comment that one of the most magical nights of my life was actually in Prague. We were coming over from a ministry trip to Ukraine and had an overnight. We wandered the streets (and bridges) for hours. I had know idea it would be as lovely as it was. I praying for you and your team!