Have you ever had a dream?
1. You must not have attended She Speaks in past years.
2. Write a 500-1000 word article that would be appropriate for publication in the P31 Woman Magazine. See the guidelines on the link to the magazine, and see archived feature articles for a sample of our style.
3. Only enter one (1) article per person.
4. You can either attach the article in a Word document or include it in the email. Include a creative title and your name.
5. Email the article to me at email@example.com on or before Thursday April 15, 2010 at midnight.
6. If you have a blog, please help us promote the She Speaks Conference by writing about this contest and linking to the She Speaks Conference site. If you want to post the She Speaks button on your site, feel free to copy it. But it is not a requirement.
7. The winner of this contest will be awarded a scholarship for the cost of one person’s registration for the 2010 She Speaks conference.
The value of this scholarship is $575 which includes your conference materials, conference registration, 2 nights at the conference hotel and meals associated with the conference. Please note it does not include any travel expenses. Also, you will be assigned a roommate or you have the option to pay the extra charge for a private room. This scholarship is transferable, but only for someone who has not attended the conference. It cannot be traded for cash.
Your article will be evaluated by the P31 Woman editing team, and we will announce the winner on April 21st.
This is the first year we have scholarships to offer, and we are thanking God and Cecil Murphey for this opportunity. Please pray about what to submit. And, if you aren't a writer, please send a note to someone you know who is.
As always, I welcome questions. Post them on this blog and I'll answer them for all to see.
In His Love,