Today I have a devotion running on Proverbs 31 and Crosswalk.com regarding the importance of little decisions.
God has been speaking this truth into my life for many years. It's a principle I learned from reading Matthew 25 and Parable of the Talents. God was just as pleased with the servant who invested 2 talents as He was with the servant who invested 5 talents. Both servants showed themselves faithful with what they were given. And the one with the 2 talents didn't discount that which was entrusted to him because it was less. He valued it just the same.
I believe God is watching me constantly to see what I do with the "little" things He has entrusted to me. Am I faithful with what doesn't look like much to the others ... even me at times? Can He trust me with just a little bit more?
You see, being steadfast in little things is the truest indicator of whether you'll be steadfast in greater things. Making wise decisions in the little areas of life, prepares me for making wise decisions in the greater things of life.
I thought I'd share some of the little decisions I'm called to make every day that have great importance to me, and over time have proven to have even greater value when added together. These are not in order of priority, except for #1 and 2.
1. Reading my Bible daily. (Most of the time at night, just before bed.)
2. Not criticizing my husband.
3. Using coupons when possible. (A penny saved is more than a penny earned.)
4. Going to bed with my kitchen clean. (Helps me start the day with a right attitude)
5. Writing thank you notes. (I could still do better in this area)
6. Not saying "I would never do that .... say that ... wear that, etc. ..." (Helps keep pride and judgement from my lips)
7. Stopping what I'm doing and facing my children when they talk to me.
8. Using lots of fresh vegetables and fruits in my cooking.
9. Making shopping and errand lists.
10. Keeping my gas tank above 1/4 full.
I'd love to hear what little decisions you make that add up to make a big impact. I recently received a new book by author named Sarah Cunningham called Picking Dandelions. It's to be released next week by Zondervan. I've love to give it away to someone at random. Just make sure you leave a way for me to contact you.
In His Love,
It's Thursday night, and I'm happy to announce that Kerri was selected completely at random by my son Robbie, to win Picking Dandelions. Congratulations. I've sent you an email but if you don't get it, please contact me directly.
Tuesday - February 2 - I think Kerri's email address was typed in wrong, so I'm selecting another winner at random. Kerri - if you read this, send me an email and I'll send you another book. For now, I've selected Beth at email@example.com to win. Congratulations.