home meetglynnis books speakingtopics resources contact

Monday, May 11, 2009

I hope you are having a wonderful Monday. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to any Encouragement for Today readers.

I know this is always a difficult day of the week for many. After a restful weekend, it's hard to get back in the swing of work. Today, I pray God fills you with a sense of anticipation about what He's going to do this week in you and through you.

It's actually been a very rough weekend for me and my family. So I'm definitely praying for a week of healing and hope. I should clarify. Nothing has actually happened to anyone in my immediate family, but this past week and weekend, I've walked through extraordinarily difficult times with three people I love.

To honor confidentiality I won't mention any details. However, three people I am very close to, and love dearly, have all been deceived by someone they trusted and just recently discovered it. And I'm not just talking something minor. Each situation has been devastating. Life-shattering. Heart breaking. Trust crushing.

I've been through grief and anger with each one of them. I'm mad at our enemy who plots our destruction. I'm sad that we live in such a fallen and broken world, where sin invades hearts and people turn far from God's truth and love. Honestly, it makes me long for heaven, and I find myself thinking often of the day when no one will lie or deceive others.

I find those thoughts entering my prayers often. Through this, God continues to remind me of one very important truth: HE WILL NEVER LIE TO ME.

God's truth never changes. God never changes. His promises were true yesterday, they are true today, and when (if) I wake up tomorrow, they will STILL be true.

When I feel like I can't take the lies anymore, I grab my Bible and hold it close. Then I open its pages and soak in the reality of God. It is a Book FILLED with truth. Truth we can build our life on. I know I have.

If you've been lied to recently, or suspect someone is lying to you, my heart breaks for you too. Although you may never know the full truth of every situation, you can know truth. God's truth. And God's truth will bring you peace, comfort, healing and hope.

John 8:31-32: Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

In His Love,

Glynnis

4 comments:

seesawfaith said...

Glynnis~

Thanks so much for your P31 devotion. It was exactly what my heart needed to hear today.

Blessings

Anonymous said...

In your Encouragement for Today article, I was surprised by your reference to Matt. 18:20 in that context. I can be all alone (and not in the church worship center either) and still have Christ with me. I don't have to wait for Him to "show up". I don't have to have anyone with me for Jesus to "be there". He lives in me. My understanding of that scripture is that it has to do with church discipline, not worship.

Vern ~ Inspired said...

I have experienced your pain and anger before and will cover you as you walk through this.

I rejoice with you in the fact that God never changes...What a huge and powerful truth we can cling to!!

Now that these discoveries are exposed you have the opportunity to know how to pray specifically for all the lives involved. I know it is difficult...hang in there and know others are praying for you!!

Hugs,
Veronica "Ven" Hutcherson

Vern ~ Inspired said...

I totally mispelled my nickname...I meant to type...VERN!
Lol!