home meetglynnis books speakingtopics resources contact

Friday, May 13, 2011

This past week when I asked for the verses that had gotten you through hard times, I didn't really expect the spiritual blessings I would get from reading them.

Why would I be surprised?  God's Word has power!

As I read them, I realized there were some great commonalities.  And so I decided to do an informal review and pick those that have impacted the greatest number of people.  Here's my take on the top verses:


WE WANT TO KNOW GOD HAS A PLAN FOR US:
Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


AND THAT WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN, HIS PLAN ISN'T SHAKEN
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


AND EVEN WHEN WE DON'T UNDERSTAND, HE DOES

Proverbs 3:5-6, Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

AND NO MATTER WHAT, HE WON'T LEAVE US
Deuteronomy 31:8, The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  
(Similar verses are found in Joshua 1:5 and quoted in Hebrews 13:5)

AND HE WANTS TO HELP.
Philippians 4:6, Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


Thank you for sharing your life with me.  After reading all the comments and prayers, I'm convinced more than ever that we need Jesus.  He's the only one who can heal the brokenness of our world.  I'm so glad He loves us.

As promised, I've selected at random (using Random.org) a winner of the Chronological Bible based on all comments that were posted and that came to me using email.  The winner is Vanessa who posted at 8:19 a.m. on Wednesday.  Please email me directly at editor@proverbs31.org.

Also, I was very touched by Sanya's comment.  Sanya, if you read this, please email me too.  I'd like to give you something as well.  Thank you for you honesty in sharing what you did.   The girls and I at P31 have been praying for you.

One more thing, earlier in the week I offered T.D. Jakes new book "64 Lessons for a Life Without Limits."  Using Random.org again, Jill who posted at 4:25 a.m. on Wednesday has won.  I'll email you personally.

May the Lord bless you all,

Glynnis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting around to reading this devotion and it touched me so much. Thanks for sharing the most popular scriptures. Mine has been Isaiah 43 and Jeremiah 29:11. I so enjoy these devotions. Thank you P31 for the encouragement.
Darlene