Yet on Monday morning it was as if heavy drapes had been drawn and sunlight was streaming through.
I love James 5:16,
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."This verse was proven true in my life this week. The Lord has shown me that when I withhold my concerns from others, pride is always involved. It's not always on the surface. My surface thoughts go like this:
- Others are facing worse challenges
- I don't want to bother anyone
- I don't want this to be about me
- What will people think about my parenting?
- Especially since I've written a book on parenting ...
- How will people judge me?
- How will people judge my family?
- If I share a weakness/challenge in my life, will people still trust what I say?
I CAN HANDLE THIS MYSELF.
It's not the first time God has revealed this to me. My independence can hinder healing in my life. Yet, this week, I'm reminded once again of God's power, and the graciousness and kindness of His family when I submit my pride.
The truth is, my family is faced with a challenge beyond us. How do we help this precious girl heal from the hurt of her past? We are getting help. And you are part of that.
Please accept my heartfelt thanks today. I'm humbled beyond words.
In His Love,