home meetglynnis books speakingtopics resources contact

Thursday, November 12, 2009

What seems impossible to you today?

Is it achieving your dreams? Restoring a relationship? Finding a job? Getting married? Having children?

There's a lot we look at in life and thinks it's impossible for us. Maybe we think we are too old or too young. Too busy. Too sick. Too tired. Not smart enough. Not pretty enough. Not good enough. Not focused enough.

Today I want to encourage you to dream ... and then place that dream in the hands of the One who can make it POSSIBLE.

Matthew 19: 26 says, "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"

Every morning, when you get up, take your dream or problem and place it in the hands of God, saying: "Lord, today you know what I'm facing. You know my dreams. I can't do this alone. But You can. Please make this possible for me today."

Here's a quote that might encourage you too. It was sent to me by someone who read it on a sign in a sports store. I wish I could give the author proper credit.

Impossible.

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier
to live in the world they've been given, than to explore the power they have to
change it.

Impossible is not a fact - it's an opinion.

Impossible is not a declaration - it's a dare.

Impossible is potential.

Impossible is temporary.

My prayer for you is that your "impossible" would turn into "possible." And that God would get all the glory when it does.

In His Love,

Glynnis


9 comments:

Amber Rain said...

I love that quote! For so long, I've dreamed and planned, to see nothing come of fruition. And so I stopped dreaming. I stopped planning, thinking "What's the point? It's not going to happen anyway, why have to face the disappointment again and again?" But the Lord refreshed me over this summer and showed me that if I don't dream, He can't exceed my expectations. Then Marybeth Whalen wrote a blog, too, recently that talked about creating a list of 25 things that you want to do, be, or see accomplished in your life. So now, I have made the list, I am dreaming, and I am bringing each dream and plan before the Lord and asking Him to watch over it, to bless it, and committing them to Him.
I have faith (again) that He will bring them to pass.
Great topic. I look forward to seeing other comments.

courtney said...

oh thats good! thanks glynnis - i needed to hear that today :)

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Glynnis,

That's my prayer too! That what seems impossible would become possible!

Thanks for this!
Love You,
Melissa

Wendy Blight said...

Glynnis,

Your post is so timely for me as I am in the midst of reading 1776. Every page I turn amazes me as I see what our forefathers faced as they fought for our Independence from Britain. Truly NOTHING seemed impossible to them...they perservered no matter the circumstances. In fact, Washington's journal notes reflect many a time where he and others credit God's providential Hand providing exactly what they needed when they needed it to win the battle, to defeat the odds.

Thanks for reminding us today that NOTHING is impossible with God on our side.

Blessings,

Wendy

Debra L. Butterfield said...

Glynnis,
What a refreshing site and blog. I am in the midst of reaching for my dream, but also very discouraged. Your post was an encouragment to be still and listen to God.

Nancy M. said...

I'm at the point in my life where I'm trying to discover my dreams, my passions, my purpose. So, today, my dream is to have a dream, and that is what I am placing in God's hands.

Unknown said...

Thank you!!! "Impossible is not a fact it is an opinion" I so needed to read that today!!

God Bless
shay

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

I've not been receiving my P31 devotions recently, so I missed this one...but I'm glad I found it today!

I have to be honest, I've given up on my dreams. Old ones and new ones. And when I start dreaming of something new, I ask God why he places these dreams in my heart, when I have no resources--and things in my life make it very difficult for me to even think about acting on something.

I'll think and pray on this, Glynnis. This has really touched my heart.