Here are some random thoughts about my personal writing retreat:
1) It's worth it!
2) Take your own pillow
3) Make sure there's a desk ...
4) the right height for a keyboard!
5) Kitchen tables aren't good to type on for 2-1/2 days straight ...
6) because your shoulders cramp up when you type on a kitchen table for 2-1/2 days
7) Starbucks helps ... with everything
8) Trader Joe's makes the best pear, Gorgonzola & dried cherry salad
9) Diet Coke is good too
10) Take a candle in case the lights go out due to a thunderstorm (uh-huh, that happened, but thank the Lord, they came right back on)
11) Save your writing on a flash drive, every few minutes ...
12) in case the lights go out due to a thunderstorm ...
13) but my laptop had batteries so I was okay.
14) But save your writing every few minutes anyway ...
15) because you never know when you might accidentally close everything down (uh-huh)
And most importantly ...
16) It reminded me how much I LOVE to write and how much I LOVE Jesus.
Grace & Peace,