home meetglynnis books speakingtopics resources contact

Thursday, January 10, 2008

For years (and I mean years) I never kept scissors at my desk. I kept them in the kitchen. So every time I needed to cut something ... well you get the picture.

I'm not sure why I never put a pair of scissors in my drawer - I had several in the kitchen. I just didn't.

Until one day at my favorite store (Target), I remembered and bought an inexpensive pair of scissors. Problem solved for under $3.00.

Today's tip for organizing your office is to keep your workspace fully stocked with all the products you need to be efficient and effective. Plus, keep a back up of those items you use most.

Since I like a clutter-free desktop, all my necessities are in a drawer. However, I also like to store things in pretty boxes, baskets and shelves. Be creative in "hiding" your stapler and tape. It really does help you work more effectively when your desktop is clean.

Here are some things you might want to keep handy:

Thank you notes/stamps
Post-it notes
Pens and pencils
Pencil sharpener
Three-hole punch
Single-hole punch
Paper clips/binder clips
Printer ink
Small calculator
Pretty notepaper
Staple remover
Stapler

Start your own list and go to your favorite store this weekend!

By the way, I'm headed out in 5 minutes to go to the huge Atlanta Gift Show called America's Mart. I'll be shopping for our online store http://www.roselanecottage.com/. In 2008 we are expanding our line of decorative home office products. Yippee! I can't wait. If you happen to be there too, let me know.

If you think about it, please pray for me and my son Dylan who is going with me. I'm not crazy about flying and there are storms in Georgia.

In His Love,

Glynnis

3 comments:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Glynnis,

Thanks for the tips. I thought I was the only one with all the scissors in the kitchen. I'm not kidding. Anytime anyone in our family needs scissors they know to come look in the kitchen! I so need to get more organized!

I will say a prayer for you and Dylan. Have a great time together.

Love,
Melissa

Laura said...

Glynnis, I am having organization envy! I'm almost done organizing the first room on my new year's list and I think (gulp!) the office is next. I might need you for emotional support. I'm really enjoying these tips and plan on visiting your store soon. I love all of the pictures of your products, they really are me! But they might be to pretty for my hubbie, whose king of the office. I'll check the store soon to see all that you have!

Anonymous said...

One of my pet peeves is the lack of something I need because someone used it and didn't put it back and, therefore, is nowhere to be seen. So for Christmas this year, I asked for a tool box with a padlock on it. Inside, I keep my scissors, tape, punches, etc. People may borrow, but I will at least know who to ask later that day for it back. There are also the numerous items around the house that should they choose to, they could go find and use. Consequences of a large family who have not learned to put things away!!