home meetglynnis books speakingtopics resources contact

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I fully intended to post my week's menu last night but two things happened to redirect my plans. First, son #3 came home from school "reminding" me about his band concert last night. How could that be? It was supposed to be on Tuesday ... at least that's what I wrote on the calendar. Good thing nothing else was planned.

Then after the wonderful holiday concert, that same son pulled at my arm as I chatted with friends after the concert, saying we needed to go "NOW." We raced home just in time for the 24 hour flu bug to hit with vengeance. After being awake most of the night, and sleeping most of the day, he's feeling great. I, on the other hand, have enjoyed most of the last 24+ hours awake.

So, here's what I've got planned for the week:

Tuesday - The leftover vegetable beef soup I just discovered had been put in the outside refrigerator. We'll have cheese crisps as a side dish.

Wednesday - Grilled Salmon with Balsalmic BBQ Sauce, the egg rolls I forgot to serve with last week's Moo Shu Pork, along with grilled zuchinni.

Thursday - Smoked Salmon on Bagels with veggie cream cheese, fruit salad

Friday - Monterey Chicken (included green chilis and Monterey Jack Cheese, stuffed in a chicken breast, then rolled in parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and cumin, then drizzled with butter and baked) I'll include the recipe on Friday.

Saturday - Grilled Halibut, the Lady's Cheesy Mac (THE best macaroni and cheese you have ever eaten) some veggie

Sunday - Mexican Chicken Rollups

I'll offer a review each evening and include the recipes when needed.

Have a great day!

Glynnis

1 comment:

lifelaughterchaos said...

Hello. This is my 1st time here. Wow! Your menu sounds great! I I only have 3 kids (we are adopting our 4th currently). It sometimes is hard to serve nice meals on a budget. I'm also terrible about cooking on weekends, but reading your ideas makes me excited to try it!